The dance of the HAKA demands all parts of the body, each of which becomes an „instrument“.
Hands, arms, legs, feet, the voice, the eyes, even the tongue become a harmonious unit. With HAKA, people have the opportunity to express their feelings through movement and sounds: courage, anger, joy, fear, determination or strength become expressive elements in dance.
HAKA master Henare Teowai from the Maori tribe Ngati Porou reduces the dance to an essential statement: „KIA KORERO TE KATOA O TE TINANA!“ In English: „The entire body should speak!“ used for personal development.
What effect can the HAKA have?
- You can feel a strong inner energy: During the dance we will at best physically exhaust ourselves. In this way we learn to feel the body again and are therefore completely with ourselves. This gives us new strength.
- You become stronger inside and out: The HAKA strengthens us inside and at the same time the muscles and the entire musculoskeletal system.
- You sleep more restfully: If HAKA is practiced again and again, the positive energy also affects sleep, which becomes deeper and more restful. After waking up, we benefit from new strength and energy for the day.
- You can let go: If we let our emotions run free with HAKA, fears, blockages or tension can be released. In this way, we create new peace and relaxation in our professional and private lives.
- You can control your own emotions better: Precisely because we let our feelings free with HAKA, we are no longer overwhelmed by them later. You can then better assess and control your own emotions. Negative feelings such as fear or anger are given “a face” with HAKA and thus lose their terror.
- You achieve peace: Through the meditative singing and the uttering of very different sounds with HAKA, the mind can relax and come to rest. At the same time, the mind opens up more easily for new things.
- You stand more stable and self-confident in life: With the HAKA a connection to your own strength and life energy is created. You then radiate that and develop an authentic, present, focused and charismatic attitude.
HAKA – also as a team building and group experience
In most cases, the creativity, success and creative power of a collective are greater, ie the team or group is much more effective. The HAKA is almost predestined for such coaching processes because it gets our energy flowing, because it strengthens the power of the individual and allows the cohesion and effectiveness of groups and teams to grow. The intensive group experience can, for example, help to solve problems within teams and strengthen cohesion in the group. This positive group experience is beneficial for companies and for each individual. All participants can then return to their everyday work with new inner strength and trust in others.